The EmpirE - Last Chaos
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My Ideas on DCS strategy

2 posters

Go down

My Ideas on DCS strategy Empty My Ideas on DCS strategy

Post  Trismegistus Mon Oct 04, 2010 4:09 pm

Hello everyone,
Here are my ideas on strategy and tactics that can help in DCS. First, for players new to DCS start here
http://lastchaosinfo.wetpaint.com/page/Dratan+Castle+Siege
Now that everyone has the picture of the barriers, gate tower, and sympathy here are the points to my opinions on a strategy.

1) Everyone has to stick together and travel as a group. If we run one after the other it makes sort of a line. Strong V players will stand there like a batter in a batting cage killing one at a time. We must wait at a rally point and go all at once. This cooperation is the ONLY way that we can win. If strong players think that siege is about pking and they can go alone, you are only abandoning your team and you will die faster which will weaken our effort. Attack the eye of the barrier as a group. Attack the tower as a group. Then rally at the steps where we can mob the top of the pyramid as a group and try to get sympathy.

2) Appoint DCS officers and build parties with task and purpose in mind. Party leaders should be known and should try to keep track of their parties. Our guys that are going to get sympathy should party with healers. We have some high lvl knights now. One knight with 7 healers in the party would be a ideal party for sympathy. Some hit squads may help too to focus on strong opponents.

3) Use voice chat. Especially for the party leaders/officers. If we have each group connected with voice, it will speed communication. I think this will do a lot to organize the whole group and chatting with our buddies will add to the fun, win or loose.

4) Recruit healers. I have seen a lot of archers do a lot in sieges in caraie server. Archers can help a lot regardless of lvl because they can stand at the stairs and heal. A couple of high lvl clerics would be awesome (not to mention a lvl 165 templar knight). This in not really a day of the siege thing of course, but TheEmpirE has always been short on healers. Now there are more than there have been, but keep a eye out and help them plvl.

5) Go to the siege for fun, not to win. We can gain a lot just to see how many V players we can drop on one charge. Who can hit and kill their highest lvl players. Keep track of how we do, and try to do better next week!

6) Don't forget to attack. If the leaders are having trouble getting everyones attention, I think we just have to go with who we can get on the stairs. The people that are trying to win all by themselves will just have to see what a good all in attack can do. After a few "we were so close that time" the stragglers will get excited and try to join the next rally. If we wait and wait and sit there at the stairs long enough. players will get discouraged and log off. I know that the sympathy and DCS ownership can boil down to the last 3 min or less of a long 2 hours we need to have fun and keep the team focussed on the last successful attack. Oh, and if you don't have the patience for a 2 hour siege, come at the last 20 min instead of the guild petering out and loosing our chance to hold the castle at the end.

Well, thats a big mess. I expect people to respond. Please agree, or disagree and i hope some players with a lot more siege experience than i have can add some tips. Gathering the forces together and attacking as a group i think is the essential part though.
Love ya, and let's have some fun this weekend.

Tris
Trismegistus
Trismegistus

Back to top Go down

My Ideas on DCS strategy Empty AGREE

Post  anarchist Mon Oct 04, 2010 6:24 pm

I totaly agree with you tris. I hope we will get enough members online this week Thursday, fryday and most important Saturday. Thursday and Friday i want show to all members place to save on memory scroll for dcs in case that our resurect point will be destroyed and much other things.
anarchist
anarchist

Back to top Go down

My Ideas on DCS strategy Empty Piece of strategy

Post  anarchist Mon Oct 04, 2010 6:27 pm

Also we need to know that all the time all members must be hasted before they run in fight, and most important thing is that first job that we need to do is to destroy their Master tower , that will slow them alot sinece they need to wait 1 min to respawn. we realy need to implement a strategy to every member to succes. in fact at a moment all of this will count and will make us happy.
anarchist
anarchist

Back to top Go down

My Ideas on DCS strategy Empty Re: My Ideas on DCS strategy

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down